Friday, December 5, 2008

FEAR inspires FAITH


FEAR is what I'm feeling at the thought of tacking the Gelnorchy Downhill track on Sunday. I've heard it said that it is one of the hardest in Australia. It is steep and loose and rocky and yep - it scares me s*&%less.

FAITH is what I need to find more of to be able to ride some sections, which I have got off the bike and walked or rather, slid down on my two previous attempts.

I am looking forward to it - strangely. It is the third race in the Tassie downhill points series and while I'm no match for the faster, younger girls, I am actually - strangely - currently second in the series. BTW - that's NOT me in the photo, but it is what I'll be riding down.

FEAR often inspires FAITH as we seek something outside ourselves in difficult situations.

No comments: