Tuesday, January 27, 2009

FIRST! at the Australian National Mountain Bike Championships


Woohoo! I'm a national champion! OK - I'll admit I had no competition in my Masters Women class at the Australian National Championships on the Australia Day long weekend at Mt Stromlo in Canberra, but I well and truly earned my title! I have the bruises to prove it - lots and lots of them! My time was quite respectable considering I had a big crash and couldn't find my bike for a few seconds as it had catapulted up a bank on the side of the track about 5 metres away from where I landed. Lots of Tassie friends were there riding too and it was great to hang out with them, and with Emmaline Ragot - a top pro rider from France who won the Elite Womens race. I have a nice shiny gold medal to take home as a holiday souvineer! Hallelujah!

No comments: