Tuesday, November 27, 2007

FAITH

"Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." (Hebrews 11:11)

Faith n. 1. complete trust or confidence. 2. firm belief, esp. without logical proof. 3. a. a system of religious belief (the Christian faith). b. belief in religious doctrines. c. spiritual apprehension of divine truth apart from proof. 4. duty or commitment to fulfil a promise (Oxford Dictionary)

I am about to buy a second hand downhill mountain bike which I have not seen and which has no pedals. It is being delivered on Friday. And I am paying $800 for it. Logic says I should get it checked by a bike mechanic first or at least take it for a ride,(which I can't do because it has no pedals!) just like you would if buying a car. But, I don't make all my decisions based on logic. Sometimes faith is more reliable, and I am relying on faith, not only in buying this bike, but more importantly, in learning to ride it fast down mountains and rocks and have fun in the process! I have found that throughout my life, living by faith always pays off! I can't wait to get my new bike!

No comments: